A building you like in Chile

Many buildings decorate cities with their special architecture and styles, and in some cases are what defines it. This time I will show to you the building that I most like of Chile, specifically in Santiago. This one is the Stock Exchange Building, located at the center of Santiago in Bandera Street.

It was constructed by the French Emile Jecquier between 1913 and 1917. It has a French renaissance style, that makes contrast with the rest of the buildings, standing out of the general architecture of the city. Nowadays is considered a national monument. I first saw this building when I was doing a tour at the center of santiago with my classmates. At a first sight it did not completely call my attention, but when I started analyzing its architecture I realized that it was the thing that I most like of it. I think that embellishes the city and make it more special.

Currently, this kind of buildings are less common than decades before. Classical buildings like this are what make a city special or prettier. Maybe, this building do not define what Santiago is nowadays, but it gives to us a clue of what it used to be. Its architecture should not be forgotten and replaced, but should be maintained and valorated.

Comentarios

Entradas populares